Stun is a status condition that will slow any action the victim tries to take. Both movement and attack speed are reduced significantly.
Some monsters can become more dangerous when they are stunned, because they sometimes cause damage before their attack actually reaches a knight. Alpha Wolvers and Zombies are known to sometimes react that way.
Stun is not a possible stratum theme and enemies are rarely, if ever, immune to it, but the following monsters may inflict stun status:
- Devilite Overtimer series
- Dust Zombies
- Giant Lichen Colonies
- Gremlin Thwackers
- Gremlin Knockers series
- Lord Vanaduke
- Lumber series
Spiral Knights can inflict stun on monsters by using stun vials against them or using a weapon that has a chance of inflicting stun.
Weapons that are able to inflict stun are:
- Heavy Hatchet
- The Heavy Hachet can only inflict stun with the charge attack.
- Thwack Hammer
- Troika and upgrades in the Kamarin path
- The Troika lines can only inflict stun with the charge attack.
- Rigadoon and upgrades
- Stun Gun
- Super Stun Gun
- Magnus and upgrades except for the Iron Slug
- Haze Bomb line of weapons
- Sealed Sword's charge attack
- Proto Bomb
- Radiant Sun Shards and upgrades
- Big Angry Bomb
The following armor sets will grant knights a resistance, but not immunity, to stunning attacks:
The following shields protects knights against sinister stunning strikes.