Curse is a status condition that will randomly lock some of the player's weapons and vials. For as long as curse is active, attempting to use these items will damage the player.
Enemies who are Cursed will take damage when using any attack or healing ability, however curse will not cancel enemy attacks.
Curse is not a possible stratum theme, but the following monsters may inflict curse status:
- Phantoms can only inflict curse with their charge attack (Tier 2 and Tier 3.)
- Black Kats
- Almirian Shadow Guards
- Darkfire Vanaduke
- Ice Queen
The following monsters are immune to curse:
- Lord Vanaduke
- Darkfire Vanaduke
- All Battlepods
- All Undead excluding Howlitzers
- All Fiends excluding Greavers and Silkwings
- Devilites and Lumbers may receive Curse, but they will not take any damage from it.
Inflicting and Receiving CurseEdit
Spiral Knights can inflict curse on monsters by using curse vials against them or using a weapon that has a chance of inflicting curse.
Weapons that are able to inflict curse are:
When using the charge attack of the Faust and Gran Faust, these weapons have a chance of self-inflicting a curse as well. This effect will last 43 seconds without any curse resistance. In addition 2 of your equipped weapons and 3 vials will cause self-damage for the duration of the curse. This means that if you don't have any weapon slots unlocked, all of your weapons will be harmful to your health. These effects can be mitigated somewhat by having curse resistance.
Using a Remedy capsule will still cure curse even if they are effected by the curse, but will not prevent the self-damage for using it.
Different sources of curse can inflict different strengths of curse, but some testing has been done with the Gran Faust's self-inflicted curse:
For each point of curse resistance/weakness you have, the total time of the curse is decreased/increased by 2-4 seconds, respectively. Less time is decreased per point as the point total increases, however the exact relationship is not yet known. Other effects are as follows (Negative points indicate weakness):
- At -4 points, (Black Kat Cowl, Fallen Item, or Full chaos), the number of weapons cursed becomes 4.
- At -2 points, (one Chaos set item), The number of vials cursed becomes 4.
- At -1 points (Kat Hood/Cap/Cowl), The number of weapons cursed becomes 3.
- At 2 points (equal to a medium UV), the number of vials cursed becomes 2.
- At 5 points, the number of weapons cursed becomes 1.
- At 7 points, the number of vials cursed becomes 1.
|Points of Resistance||Duration||#Vials||#Weapons|
Up to 16 points of resistance have been tested, and the total time of the curse continues to be reduced up to 10 points of resistance, where further points have no effect. There seems to be a reduced rate of self-inflicting a curse as well as slightly reduced damage from using a curse weapon, with higher curse resistance. Additional conclusions pending. Less than -4 does not appear to have any effect. 
Up to 6 points of weakness has also been tested, except for 5, and greater than 4 points of weakness does not have any effect.
The following armor sets grant knights a resistance, but not immunity, to being cursed:
- Deadshot Set
- Angelic Set and upgrades except for the Fallen set.
- Almirian Crusader Set
- Divine Set
- Silvermail Set and upgrades
The following trinkets will carry knights through the cursing of the Clockworks: